The COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing keep-at-home orders threw the U.S. financial system into a tailspin late in the first quarter. It wreaked havoc on homes and firms, placing an abrupt conclude to report-low unemployment and a lot more than five straight years of quarterly GDP advancement. Take our quiz to see how a lot you recall about the first months of the outbreak.
1. What share of outstanding U.S. home loans have been in forbearance (the buyer was not making payments) as of late Might?
2. Own saving as a share of disposable income hit 33% in April, soon after climbing to 9.6% in the first quarter. Because 1947, the quarterly charge exceeded fifteen% only a single time. In what 12 months was that?
3. Which publicly held firm did not report a earnings in the first quarter of 2020?
B. Slack Systems
C. Tyson Foods
4. Which firm has filed for personal bankruptcy considering the fact that the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic?
C. Diamond Offshore
D. Hertz World-wide Holdings
E. All of the previously mentioned
five. As of June eight, what was the utmost financial loan size obtainable under the Fed’s Most important Avenue Lending plan?
A. $300 million
B. $50 million
C. $100 million
D. $five hundred million
6. By how a lot did worldwide merger and acquisition action decrease in the first quarter of 2020?
C. twenty%-twenty five%
D. Much more than twenty five%
7. On which day did the World Health and fitness Corporation declare the coronavirus a pandemic?
A. March eleven
B. February 26
C. January thirty
D. March 29
eight. Which U.S. leader said again in Might, “In the lengthy-operate and even in the medium-operate, you would not want to bet towards the American financial system.”
A. President Donald Trump
B. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin
C. Republican Senator Rand Paul
D. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell
Solutions: 1-B 2-C 3-B 4-E five-A6-D 7-A eight-D
Resources: Mortgage loan Bankers Affiliation, Federal Reserve, CFO.com, Refinitiv